In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(dried dwarf grape)pasa de Corinto feminine
- This year, carve a buttery, cider-glazed version showcased with roasted apples and eye-catching grapes and currants.
- This potato and chickpea paste is rolled out like dough and filled with sautéed onion, pinenuts, currants, allspice, and tahini.
- Aim for several small meals with suitable snacks such as mini savoury sandwiches, a currant bun, fruit or vegetables or unsweetened breakfast cereal in between meals to meet your child's nutritional needs.
- Dried fruits such as currants or sultanas are frequently added to this basic mix.
- Now, the true Bath bun is soft, like a marriage between a brioche and an Easter hot-cross, but encrusted with currants and gritty nibs of sugar.
- With leeks, currants, and cranberries, it's such a treat.
- The fruit content is no longer confined to currants, sultanas and raisins.
- ‘I'm lost,’ she tells a policeman plaintively and then she sings a song so beautifully she is given a currant bun as a reward.
- It was made with beef, mutton, raisins, currants, prunes, wine and mixed spices.
- Oatmeal or kasha with currants and fresh fruit made for tasty breakfast fare, but one morning I craved protein and was cheerfully brought a plate full of scrambled eggs upon request.
- The truly delectable dessert is prepared with currants (small seedless raisin) that are grown in Europe, the US and Chile and is said to be rich in vitamin C and minerals.
- The porter gives the cake a dark complexity that complements the sweetness of the raisins and currants, as well as the bitterness of the mixed peel.
- The domesticated grapevine provides fresh fruit, dried raisins, sultanas and currants (according to the vine variety), wine, vinegar, grape juice, and a light salad oil obtained by crushing the pips.
- The dough was rolled and folded several times around chunks of fat to create rich layers, each fortified with a healthy dose of sugar, currants, and dried fruit.
- Mix in the bread crumbs, currants, pine nuts and 1/2 of the grated carrot.
- Combine the butter, sultanas, currants, sugar, mixed spice, cinnamon, ginger, bicarbonate of soda and water in a saucepan.
- I pass it on to you only on the condition that you try making it first with something neat and non-wet, such as raisins, currants, dried apricots, citrus zest, or candied ginger.
- Tuna tartare, served in hollowed-out lemons, is vitalized with an unexpected foursome of currants, pine nuts, fava beans, and sun-dried tomatoes.
- I experiment with a cherry currant port sauce to put over a dessert.
- Last year I made one based very vaguely on her recipe, using raisins, currants, cherries, home-made candied lemon and orange peels, and an apple and a pear.
- You also might want to experiment with some specialized design techniques, such as using pruning to create a pleached tunnel of ironwood trees or a living fence of espalier currants.
- The field day will focus on grapes, although growing raspberries, currants, blackberries, plums, cherries, and Asian and European pears also will be discussed.
- Along the walls and raised beds I planted ferns, vine maple, Indian plum, ocean spray, snowberry, currants, and other low-maintenance shrubs.
- Peaches, pears, cherries, plums, grapes, currants, and raspberries were also commonly grown.
- Botrytis is common on apples, grapes, strawberries, raspberries and currants, while vegetables affected include beans, brassicas, cucumbers, lettuce, peas, potatoes and celery and carrots in store.
- Some currants are host to the White pine blister rust, and should not be planted near white pines.
- Fruit trees such as apples, currants and gooseberries should do well and, to be more exotic, you could try nectarines and cherries.
- These border beds might also be used for small fruits like currants or raspberries or for medicinal or flavoring herbs.
- Cabbage and carrot are also among the most important vegetable crops, while apples, pears, currants, strawberries and raspberries are the popular fruit crops.
- Screens made from bamboo and birch branches as well as plantings (golden currant, white abutilon, and New Zealand flax) create privacy.
cualquier arbusto o fruto de la familia Ribes como la grosella
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.