In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He said this could be achieved by allowing crews to do overtime which is currently banned.
- The biggest swarm of locusts in a decade is currently devouring crops in West Africa.
- He hopes to use the existing entrance to the land which is currently agricultural.
- If that is the case then it will have to be a slightly bigger course than the one currently envisaged.
- The couple are currently on honeymoon in Cyprus and will be returning in a week's time.
- He has followed the event since its inception and can currently talk about little else.
- He is currently trying to design and build a vehicle to land on the surface of the planet Mercury.
- I am currently looking for an answer to ensure the staff and kids are looked after.
- The land is currently used for turf cutting and for the commercial storage of caravans.
- It will take in work currently being done by the departments of social care and education.
- Inflation is currently at its lowest in living memory and has been for years now.
- The road to the Planks is currently shut, and people cannot walk or park their cars there.
- She is currently working on her third novel that will be partly based in the North of England.
- There is currently no suggestion that he was involved in illegal trading in drugs.
- All of the books mentioned here are currently in print and available from good book shops.
- We currently have an awful national team, but we don't suffer from a lack of talent.
- So far there are five injunctions in place but more are currently being processed.
- The talented youngster is currently learning to play the keyboard and is a keen dancer.
- He is the most damnably varied of the big hitters currently in action in contemporary art.
- The service is currently aimed at men, but is set to expand into the ladies' market soon.
2(commonly)comúnmenteas currently thought — como se suele ahora pensar
- medicine, as currently practiced here — la medicina como se practica actualmente aquí
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.