In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
nounPlural curricula, Plural curriculums
1(range of courses)plan de estudios masculine
- Recently, three other universities have begun to offer a pharmacy curriculum.
- In the process of designing courses and curriculums I re-examined how colleges do it.
- The education sector will provide curriculum materials linked to library artifacts and museum exhibits.
- So the interpretation was critiqued and debated in all high level curriculum committees.
- And that raises obvious issues for teacher-training, curriculum development, and so on.
- They teach the required Egyptian standard curriculum plus art and music.
- The curriculums include prayer, and all subjects are taught in a religious framework.
- I find it really hard to understand why demanding standards and a sound academic core curriculum should do any harm.
- Many children continue to study their own curriculum by attending evening classes.
- Here is a summary of the United Kingdom's national educational curriculum.
- One campus I visited spent several years implementing a new general education curriculum.
- Times have changed since the liberal arts curriculum was developed.
- Academic undergraduate curricula would have to be re-scheduled to incorporate time for acupuncture at the expense of other course work.
- Private schools are not legally obliged to teach the national curriculum, unlike their state sector counterparts.
- In focusing on the problems with the new science curriculum, my analysis here might seem one-sided.
- Today's school curriculum is fuller than ever, but the school day isn't any longer.
- I felt a distinct, self-inflicted pressure to cover the requisite curriculum material.
- Statements taken from standard biology curricula appear to have been mixed in.
- The schools follow the curriculum taught in Taiwan and receive a small subsidy from the Ministry of Education.
- Their writings now constitute a large part of the standard curriculum for graduate students studying the history of modern art.
2(for single course)programa (de estudio) masculinecurrículo masculinecurriculum masculine Latin America
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.