In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
nounPlural curricula vitae
1currículum (vitae) masculinehistorial personal masculinehoja de vida feminine Colombia
- To nominate someone, send an abbreviated curriculum vitae, a nomination letter and three letters of support on why the candidate should be considered.
- If you look at my curriculum vitae you'll see that's not true.
- His curriculum vitae includes reference to prizes in mathematics and chemistry, as well as in physics, a testament to the broad scope of his scientific interests and his high attainment in science in the widest sense.
- His curriculum vitae certainly made interesting reading.
- A low barrier, for example, may be a compulsory registration and/or the filling a brief curriculum vitae.
- Brief laudatory video clips were shown on the screen behind the stage, the voiceover intoning brief biographies of the two officials and their curriculum vitae.
- He said: ‘Volunteers improve their range of skills which can be added to their curriculum vitae.’
- To apply, send a current curriculum vitae and a letter addressing the nominee's relevant accomplishments to Division Services Office.
- Letters of application should include a concise curriculum vitae and a brief outline of current and proposed research.
- My libertarian curriculum vitae are as follows.
- Nomination materials should include a statement of qualifications and relevant experience, a current curriculum vitae and a letter of interest.
- Without the curriculum vitae and qualification papers, do not expect to get your foot over any employer's doorway.
- Bring copies of all qualifications and your curriculum vitae - translated if necessary.
- Department chairs select likely candidates from a local list, reviewing their curricula vitae and perhaps their past student evaluations.
- I was told that it had sent out a first wave of its own medical staff but that it would need a second later on, and after a brief discussion someone took my details and asked for my curriculum vitae.
- A current curriculum vitae must be submitted together with any relevant information which will enable the adjudicators to come to a informed decision.
- Beyond your curriculum vitae, this should include: diplomas, certificates, a list of references, letters of reference, work samples.
- Please find enclosed my curriculum vitae which provides a more detailed listing of my background and qualifications.
- Consider, by way of illustration, the curriculum vitae in academic life.
- Applications must not exceed eight pages, not including the curriculum vitae and recommendation letters.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.