1muro de cerramiento masculinepared de cerramiento feminine
- The old city walls began as early Viking earthen banks and timber fences in the 9th and 10th centuries, followed by a stone curtain wall built by the Hiberno-Norse in the 12 th century.
- Our quarters are pretty fortified; there's a 12-foot high Jersey barrier wall, kinda like a medieval curtain wall, all around the perimeter of the CHU area.
- The Tower - in reality an impregnable medieval fortress surrounded by a double curtain wall - was looking benign beneath a warm summer sun.
- The curtain wall nearest to the castle would have been the highest to give the defenders the maximum height advantage over those attempting to take over the castle.
- The drawbridge was lowered and the four knights rode into the gatehouse and through the curtain wall of the castle.
- Different from many of the other Norman strongholds in Wales, this block of buildings was built as an integral part of the curtain wall rather than as a free-standing structure.
- Round towers on a keep or on a curtain wall assisted defence as it was believed that any form of missile thrown or catapulted at the castle would deflect off of a rounded surface.
- Will stepped beside her and admired the castle's curtain wall and towers with pretty flags atop them.
- Into the shadow of the Castle he walked, steadily and swiftly; he arrived at the great open doors of the curtain wall.
- The DeBohun family held the castle for over two centuries and enlarged it with a curtain wall, towers and an impressive entranceway, influenced by the design of fortifications in the Holy Land.
- Tantallon Castle, with its impressive 14th century curtain wall, is also worth a visit.
- Under the moonlight, a dozen of knights were guarding by the drawbridge, which was the only exit out of the curtain wall surrounding the castle.
- The curtain wall around the town was not very imposing, in fact it was rather pathetic.
- The sales brochure describes it as the oldest inhabited castle in Ireland, surrounded by four towers and a high curtain wall 300 yards in length.