In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1masculine crema Britishnatillas
- Dust with icing sugar, slice thickly and serve with custard, cream or ice-cream.
- Alternatively, put them under a burning hot grill, although this is not as effective and may melt the set custard.
- I use bought custard from the chiller cabinet at the supermarket for this.
- He used to sit on my lap and his favorite food was porridge, rice pudding and bananas & custard.
- I passed on the sweets, but my husband chose the double chocolate pudding with custard.
- Pour the cooled custard on top of the cake and leave in the fridge to set.
- In Britain they have often been used for flavouring custards and milk puddings.
- All that followed by apple pie, custard and vanilla ice cream is my idea of heaven.
- Instead of thin custard for ices, try making a thick bay custard and use it to fill sweet pastry tartlets.
- My dessert of rhubarb and orange crumble with vanilla custard was perfect comfort food.
- Too many sugary foods, such as custard, can have an ageing effect on the skin.
- There's no custard to make, and no churning required as it freezes, which makes life very much easier.
- This is excellent on its own, but it would also be nice to serve it with ice-cream or custard.
- Rhubarb combines well with custard based desserts as well as a sauce or relish with rich meats and fish.
- With blackcurrants and blackberries in a crumble laced with custard served out of my big Cornish Blue jug.
- You can also infuse a pod in scalded cream or milk when making custard or ice-cream.
- Pour custard over cake, making sure it comes up the sides of the pan and is level with cake.
- Most of them have opted for the roast lamb and roast potatoes, and a surprising number have also gone for sponge and custard.
- All we were offered were packets of sweet custard creams and chocolates.
- Return this custard to the pan and stir constantly over a very gentle heat until it starts to thicken.
especie de flan
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.