- The racks on the footpath, even now, display almost all fruits, from pear to custard apple to grapes.
- Also known as custard apples, white sapotes have a superthin skin, greenish yellow to yellow.
- The fruit is generally regarded as having the best claim to the name custard apple, and this name would have priority if it were not applied in a confusing way to several other species.
- For fruit fanciers, there were two new varieties, a ‘compact canopy, cluster bearing’ sapota, suitable for dry flakes production, and a drought-tolerant custard apple.
- Vaidya explains how jackfruit and cashews used to flourish, along with jungle fruits like custard apples.
- Why did New Zealand accept a variation to the Australian New Zealand Food Standard code that will allow irradiated mango, papaya, mangosteen, litchi, breadfruit, carambola, custard apple and rambutan to be imported into New Zealand?
- There are pyramids of sweet-smelling guavas, papayas, watermelons, pineapples, custard apples, lemons, limes and avocados.