- The spectra that are observed indicate that small molecules, such as cyanide, methane, and cyanogen, can assemble in outer space.
- The few exceptions to this definition are the oxides of carbon, the carbonates, the cyanides (compounds of carbon, nitrogen, and at least one more element), and a few other families of compounds.
- Both cyanides and nitriles have the general formula RCN with a triple bond between the carbon and nitrogen (R-CN).
- The case hardening medium is a molten, nitrogen-bearing, fused-salt bath containing either cyanides or cyanates.
- This may be true, but chemically the cyanide will adsorb onto a cell membrane increasing the electron donor or antioxidant capacity of the cell.