In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The spectra that are observed indicate that small molecules, such as cyanide, methane, and cyanogen, can assemble in outer space.
- The few exceptions to this definition are the oxides of carbon, the carbonates, the cyanides (compounds of carbon, nitrogen, and at least one more element), and a few other families of compounds.
- Both cyanides and nitriles have the general formula RCN with a triple bond between the carbon and nitrogen (R-CN).
- The case hardening medium is a molten, nitrogen-bearing, fused-salt bath containing either cyanides or cyanates.
- This may be true, but chemically the cyanide will adsorb onto a cell membrane increasing the electron donor or antioxidant capacity of the cell.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.