In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Among the issues addressed, special attention was paid to counter-terrorism and cybersecurity.
- The natural focus point for cybersecurity issues is the Department of Homeland Security.
- But despite the number of agencies involved, cybersecurity generally seems to have slipped in importance for the administration.
- Just as with his previous work, cybersecurity requires the translation of extremely technical issues into policy terms.
- Executives should begin with a self-assessment on their cybersecurity program.
- Cybersecurity laws, when enforced to the fullest extent possible, can have an impact.
- The four big accounting companies, plus an insurance company, are working together on a cybersecurity risk measurement framework.
- One security expert Wednesday urged Congress to make sure it directs enough funds to cybersecurity research.
- The effort is paying off in increased cybersecurity and privacy, some experts say.
- The people generally responsible for managing control systems are engineers who often have had little cybersecurity training - or interest.
- Clarke's frustration reached such a level that in May or June he asked to be reassigned from the terrorist group to a cybersecurity group.
- At the same time, the research budget for cybersecurity programs at the Department of Homeland Security was cut by 7% to $16 m.
- Cybersecurity threats have never been greater.
- But these are not isolated problems that can be tackled by themselves, he believes, they are part of the broader cybersecurity challenge.
- Cybersecurity issues are harder for people to visualize than physical security problems.
- Twenty-eight per cent of the respondents said their organization had insurance policies to help manage cybersecurity risks.
- Overall, the new DHS's $37.7 billion budget earmarks only $3 billion for cybersecurity, according to Gartner Group's John Pescatore.
- A White House spokesperson says cybersecurity is still a top priority.
- I understand that one of your goals is to foster cooperation between the private sector and the government in the area of cybersecurity.
- Last year the NEI formed a task force to develop updated cybersecurity management guidelines for the industry.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.