In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cíclicocyclic form — forma cíclica feminine
- He understood that this was an extremely slow cyclic process and that the Earth therefore had to be extremely ancient.
- Geologists are now investigating whether these groupings correspond to another new source of evidence of cyclic patterns in Earth's recent history.
- While the deal was imperfect, it beat lurking alternatives like another generation split by minefields or another cyclic war of revenge.
- Pepper, like some other fruit vegetables, shows a cyclic growth pattern where periods of high fruit set and slow fruit growth alternate with periods of low fruit set and rapid fruit growth.
- Before beginning any pharmacologic treatment, the pattern, intensity, and cyclic nature of the patient's migraine must be clarified.
- When applying predictive techniques to the horoscope the astrologer first looks at the major cyclic energies at work.
- I don't think it's mania, exactly, and I've yet to observe a cyclic rhythm in Alex's behavior.
- The syndrome is cyclic with exacerbations and remissions occurring in a randomized pattern.
- The disorder is characterized by the cyclic recurrence of symptoms during the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle.
- The cyclic nature of history demands a renaissance after every Dark Age.
- The desire of a chain-smoker to give up smoking, on the other hand, would be a virtuous desire since it would break the cyclic pattern of a compulsive negative habit and enhance health and well-being.
- The new terror was cyclic, and the cycle took exactly a century to complete.
- His alternative model, which breaks with the generally accepted understanding of the Big Bang, conceives of time as something as endless as space, and the evolution of the cosmos as a cyclic process.
- If you follow fashion, then you know it moves in a cyclic pattern.
- The evolution of the universe could be cyclic, with regularly repeating periods of expansion and contraction.
- The thick sedimentary deposits beneath the world's continental shelves respond to one of the Earth's fundamental cyclic processes, the rise and fall of global sea level.
- Although there were the usual cyclic downturns, the rural economy on the whole rapidly improved in the twenty years succeeding the suspension of cash payments.
- Equilibrium concepts first came into wide use in geomorphology as an alternative to the cyclic theories of landscape evolution of William Morris Davis.
- Interaction is a cyclic process in which two actors alternately listen, think and speak.
- Polar bears live in high-latitude environments characterized by cyclic variation in form and extent of sea ice.
- Progressing on a linear course toward heaven or eternal damnation, Christian theology is incompatible with the cyclic framework of Buddhism.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.