In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ciclismo masculineto go cycling — salir en bicicleta
- before noun cycling holiday/vacation — vacaciones en bicicleta
- He hopes to devote more time to hobbies including golf and cycling.
- The Australian team is admired very much in the world of cycling for its great team spirit.
- Athletics is one of the four sports featured at the World Cup: swimming, cycling and basketball are the other three.
- In 5- to 9-year-olds, cycling is the major single activity, apart from playing, which results in injuries.
- Road cycling is very tactical; you have to use your head just as much as you have to use your legs.
- Road cycling has always had a dedicated following, with many attracted by the glamour of racing.
- She is into gymnasium work and cycling, which she enjoys on winter evenings, as well as diving and water sports.
- Events such as swimming, golf, cricket, cycling and tennis will take place at other venues around the city.
- He was fond of outdoor activities and enjoyed swimming, hill-walking and cycling.
- Nearly everything about cycling is more interesting than casual observers assume.
- It is inspiring to see him giving so much to the sport of cycling in her memory.
- There will then be a packed day of activities including soccer, cricket, an orienteering course, cycling and athletics.
- Without serious reform, cycling will have no future and the sport's golden moments will live only in glossy books.
- The novel has the power to introduce the passion and complexity of the sport of cycling to a broader audience.
- Gentle cycling and swimming can also help relieve stiffness.
- You've mentioned before that finances can be pretty tight in the sport of cycling.
- The secret is to start off gently and it might be best to think of cycling as a fun activity, rather than exhausting exercise.
- USA Cycling is the national governing body for the sport of cycling in the United States.
- National Park centres are open seven days a week to provide information about walking, cycling and riding.
- Technology impacts on many sports at the Olympics, not just swimming and cycling.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.