In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- There is nothing to stop cyclists using the pavement if they walk with their bikes.
- Dogs do have a natural instinct to go after moving objects and may start chasing cars, cyclists or joggers.
- One of the big problems for cyclists in Australia is that drivers feel no empathy for them.
- Bury has numerous cycle lanes and special facilities for cyclists including parking in the town.
- There is a place for off-road cycle lanes, but cyclists have the right to use the road as much as anyone else.
- He became a keen cyclist and had a bicycle specially made for the end-to-end challenge.
- Cars are driven so fast on that road that cyclists are likely to be hit by them.
- The German cyclist tested positive for amphetamines in June while recovering from a knee injury.
- Mr Kind wants the road repaired so that it can be safely used by pedestrians, cyclists and horse riders.
- Employees are being encouraged to leave their cars at home as we have shower facilities for cyclists.
- A keen cyclist is to live out his dream by riding across the finish line of the Tour de France.
- Ask the regular cyclists, and they will chorus that the city is never friendly to them.
- Because cyclists burn so much energy we have to eat high energy food such as pasta.
- All this bellicosity towards cyclists is based on the notion that every bike is ridden by a maniac on two wheels.
- The agency said that at some point cyclists had to leave the new cycle path to join the carriageway.
- Increasing the number of cyclists is a straightforward way of making cycling much safer.
- Moves to give cyclists new rights of way at the expense of motorists have been welcomed by a York cycling group.
- Among the many things that make me nervous when driving on the roads here, joggers and cyclists are the worst.
- So I started to cycle as fast as I could and soon began to catch up with the other cyclists.
- Whether a cycle lane is beneficial to cyclists is doubtful as there are cars parked in the cycle lane most of the time.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.