- After evaporating the chloroform under a stream of nitrogen, the samples were redissolved in cyclohexane and lyophilized.
- Although AVB has been shown to be relatively photostable in the polar protic solvent isopropanol it was relatively photolabile in the nonpolar solvent cyclohexane.
- Chloroform was removed from measured amounts of C6PS, C6PG, and C6PC stocks using a stream of nitrogen, and the lipid samples were dissolved in cyclohexane and lyophilized overnight.
- Iodine is virtually insoluble in water but it will readily dissolve in cyclohexane.
- Catalytic hydrogenation adds six hydrogen atoms to produce cyclohexane, a colorless liquid with the properties of an alkane.