In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1velocímetro masculinecuentaquilómetros masculine
- At minimum, the average cyclometer's functions include speed, distance, maximum speed, average speed, a clock, and a timer.
- As I am fan of cycling now, I bought a new cyclometer at price of 120 RMB.
- Finally, one day, I gave my front tire a spin to see if the cyclometer still worked.
- The cyclometer on my bicycle registered 2921 miles this year.
- The serious aerobic athlete, mountaineer, or alpine skier who doesn't mind wearing something that looks like a cyclometer.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.