In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1fibrosis cística femininefibrosis pancreática feminine
- This test is an accurate way of finding out whether the baby has a number of genetic or inherited disorders, such as Down's syndrome or cystic fibrosis.
- Allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis is most often a complication of asthma or cystic fibrosis.
- I met my fiancé through kayaking, and because she has cystic fibrosis I want to do as much as I can to help her and other people who have this inherited disease.
- Green sputum may point to an infection with a bacterium, Pseudomonas pyocyanea, common in cystic fibrosis.
- The mutations that cause cystic fibrosis and dozens of other diseases are now routinely diagnosed in genetic testing labs.
- He was tested for cystic fibrosis and celiac disease, but the tests came back negative.
- Lung transplants are performed when people have diseases such as emphysema and cystic fibrosis.
- Along with asthma and cystic fibrosis, BPD is one of the most common chronic lung diseases in children.
- He was born with cystic fibrosis, an inherited lung disease that could easily kill him within the next decade.
- Inspiratory muscle weakness due to lung hyperinflation and muscle wasting may occur in cystic fibrosis.
- The barrister daughter of a leading Bradford judge has died after a long battle with cystic fibrosis.
- Their six year-old daughter Holly was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis at five months, after she experienced digestive problems.
- Annually, about 1,000 persons in the United States are diagnosed with cystic fibrosis.
- The meconium can be so thick in babies with cystic fibrosis that it blocks the intestine.
- Vitamin K deficiency may play an important role in bone health in patients with cystic fibrosis.
- Certain painful and tragic hereditary diseases such as cystic fibrosis might be cured and even eliminated.
- General practitioners may not encounter many patients with single gene disorders like cystic fibrosis.
- Patients with interstitial lung disease, such as cystic fibrosis, are at high risk of deterioration on travelling to altitude
- Symptoms of cystic fibrosis include frequent wheezing, chronic cough, and pneumonia.
- People with cystic fibrosis have a high chance of getting sinusitis.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.