In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- No organism was identified in this patient, but she had cystitis without evidence of ascending infection.
- Cranberry juice is recommended by doctors to help in the treatment of chronic urinary infections and cystitis.
- A three-day regimen of a fluoroquinolone is also acceptable treatment for uncomplicated cystitis.
- Interstitial cystitis is a painful bladder condition that may be aggravated by acidic foods and beverages like coffee, orange juice or tomato sauce.
- Mild infections may cause urethral discomfort and dysuria without discharge and may be confused with cystitis.
- Antibiotics are used in the treatment of cystitis.
- A typical attack of cystitis can be painful, but usually clears up after a few days without causing long-term problems.
- The most typical symptom of interstitial cystitis is pelvic pain.
- Hematuria may be present in patients with cystitis and pyelonephritis.
- Urinary urgency occurs as a result of trigonal or posterior urethral irritation caused by inflammation, stones, or tumor and is common with cystitis.
- Mild bacterial infections such as cystitis will usually go away on their own, in 2-4 days.
- Eventually she developed cystitis and vaginitis and was forced to consult a doctor.
- Symptoms referable to cystitis may also be caused by urethritis or vaginitis.
- Cystitis or interstitial cystitis cause pain as the bladder fills.
- In general, treatment of pregnant patients with acute cystitis is initiated before the results of the culture are available.
- Cytoxan can cause an inflammation in your urinary bladder called cystitis.
- For cystitis and urine infections, antibiotics such as trimethoprim or ciprofloxacin are good; both will treat most cases of urine infection within a couple of days.
- If you have repeated infections, you may need tests to see whether there is an underlying problem such as damage to your bladder, or whether you are simply prone to cystitis.
- These can also be symptoms of a urinary tract infection, or cystitis, which is much more common in young women than kidney stones.
- Uterine prolapse is associated with incontinence, vaginitis, cystitis and, possibly, uterine malignancy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.