In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It was my interest in and enthusiasm about cells and their culture, first awakened there, that 14 years later was to direct me into human cytogenetics, thence human genetics.
- Recent developments in molecular cytogenetics open new avenues to study mechanisms of interaction of chemicals with chromosomes.
- Prenatal diagnosis for the detection of chromosomal abnormalities was carried out by conventional cytogenetics in the present study in the foetuses of high risk pregnancies in women attending a tertiary care facility in north India.
- The bone marrow was re-evaluated at the second relapse by morphology, morphometry, DNA ploidy, flow cytometry, and cytogenetics.
- Conventional cytogenetics is a validated technique to study the acquired gross chromosomal aberrations associated with human cancer.
- In contrast to the advances in genetic and molecular studies, little is known about Antirrhinum cytogenetics.
- Laboratories performing cytology, cytogenetics or histocompatibility testing will undergo on-site inspection every two years.
- She became one of the founders of the field of maize cytogenetics, the genetic study of maize at the cellular level.
- A major success in the investigation of causes of congenital heart disease comes from molecular cytogenetics and the use of chromosome fluorescent in situ hybridisation.
- Having a laboratory available to process fresh tissue for cytogenetics and molecular pathology is a key to success.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.