1(in World War II)masculine día D
- After D-Day, Marshal Pétain reminded the French of their neutrality and Frenchmen did not fight against the Allies.
- His ship supported the American landings on Omaha Beach on D-Day, picking up survivors.
- Gen. George C. Marshall began planning the postwar occupation of Germany two years before D-Day.
- In the days following the D-Day landings, Allied troops carved a tenuous foothold on the coast of Normandy.
- Just about one year later, the start of the liberation of France took place with D-Day on June 6th.
- The raid also had a major influence on the success of the Allied troop landings on the Normandy beaches on D-Day a year later.
- A Second World War soldier who parachuted into Normandy on D-Day has died, aged 82.
- This weekend, the world will remember the courage and sacrifice of the Allied troops at the D-Day landings in France.
- Mr Smart landed on Sword Beach in Ouistreham, Normandy at noon on D-Day in a Sherman Firefly tank.
- A soldier who was among first allied servicemen to land on the beaches of Normandy on D-Day is preparing to return to the scenes.
- One RAAF pilot flew two sorties on D-Day alongside his Allied counterparts.
- Crews stationed there flew into action on D-Day as well as during the Arnhem and Rhine crossing operations.
- Sixty years ago this weekend thousands of young men from this area braced themselves to storm the beaches at Normandy on D-Day.
- Rode back early this morning, and my helmet now looks like an insect version of the Normandy beaches after D-Day.
- The D-Day commemorations in Normandy this weekend will be a reminder of our shared history.
- He went on to command the US land forces at D-Day and the subsequent US advance through France.
- The school recently visited the Normandy beaches to learn about D-Day.
- He was among the Canadian forces that landed on Juno Beach on D-Day.
- A special exhibition has been mounted to mark the 60th anniversary of the D-Day landings.
- Allied casualties on D-Day are estimated at 10,000, of whom 2,500 were killed.
2(important day)el día señalado
- It was my D-Day and I wanted to look perfect.
- Inside Out follows residents on their fight with officialdom as the final countdown to D-Day begins.
- Rehearsals began in October gathering in frequency and intensity as D-Day approaches.
- Start by having your own D-Day or personal baptism.
- Once we got everything we picked a day and that day will go into the history books as our personal D-Day: 29th of June 2003.