- I would have liked to have seen the survey happen every five years or so, but there was really too much on my plate to add another little dainty.
- We had bacon and cabbage most days for dinner, but when our parents went to Limerick we could be assured of getting some dainties that evening.
- Tiered trays come to the table loaded with the proverbial cucumber sandwiches, along with scones served with Devonshire clotted cream, dozens of dainties and many other treats.
- We feasted on shrimp, crawfish, pralines, and other dainties.
- Our youth love luxury, they contradict their parents, gobble up dainties from the table, and tyrannise their teachers.
- It was extravagantly decorated and a side table was filled with small treats and dainties.
- Toasted breads, luscious soup and other dainties were consumed before Sam arose from his seat to check the mail.
- There were just dainties, and simple foods, like vegetables with dip, cracker dishes, cheese and fruit platters, and at least half a dozen trays of desserts.
- Together they went into Maude's dining room for tea, cocoa, and the dainties Maude was sure to have prepared.
- Still lifes usually show beautiful vessels filled with wine and appetizing fruit or other dainties invitingly arranged on lovely china.
- They had not found a real place in a set meal, except among the miscellaneous sweetmeats offered as dainties at the end.
- There will be door prizes as well as free coffee and dainties.
- The braised buffalo-carp tail has a somewhat off-putting name - neither the carp nor the buffalo for which it is named tops my list of subtle dainties - but the dish was outstanding.
- These dainties are consumed by groups of tourists, who eat in prim little bites and whisper among themselves like they're sitting in church.