In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Hunter ordered two daiquiris and two banana splits.
- The bar will offer specialty drinks including margaritas, frozen daiquiris, rum punch, as well as a limited food and snack menu.
- In the evening there's a whole host of alcoholic beverages to sample, from sangria to daiquiris.
- He also came to appreciate its cocktails - his favourites were daiquiris and mojitos - and the gregarious nature of its people.
- Bar staff specialise in daiquiris and martinis and if you listen carefully you can hear the lions roar in the Jo'burg zoo below.
- Ariel has beer, I have soda, and I got a daiquiri for you.
- Those of appropriate age ordered a variety of alcoholic drinks such as daiquiris and margaritas, and the rest of us, underage, settled on virgin margaritas or sodas.
- Their drink menu also features two frozen Bellinis (peach and strawberry) along with those classic favorites: daiquiris and frozen margaritas.
- We tried daiquiris at El Floridita where they were invented, and mojitos (made of rum, lemon juice, sugar, water and mint) sitting at the Cafe de Paris.
- Your mom and I had a few daiquiris after the discussion.
- No matter what time of year you go to Cuba there will be music and wonderful cocktails - Cuba Libres, daiquiris and mojitos - based on the island's native rum.
- The fruity daiquiris certainly go down a treat, and if you want a little more adventure, try a sour cocktail.
- It's a beautiful place, with lots of sun, sand, daiquiris, and exotic delights for those who can pay in dollars.
- She plans parties, shops and has daiquiris with her girlfriends.
- You are free to be bored, to lounge away the afternoon drinking daiquiris by the pool.
- We have been offered cigars and rum and although it is impossible to not drink several daiquiris in the evening I couldn't drink rum during the day.
- Sure, passengers are still able to partake in strawberry daiquiris and decadent desserts, but a cruise ship actually provides many ways to stay healthy, on-board massages being one example.
- Steeped in local history, this slightly sweet liquor, made from sugarcane or molasses (a by-product of sugar refining), gives daiquiris and pina coladas their kick.
- The classics - daiquiris, Martinis and mojitos - are still the grand masters.
- There are three bars to sidle up to and pro circuit barmen who'll build you any cocktail fantasy from the daiquiri to the iced tea.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.