In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(on farm)lechería feminine(produce/product) (before noun) lácteo(cream/butter) de granja(industry/herd/cow) lecherodairy farm — granja lechera feminine
- dairy farmer — ganadera de vacuno lechero or de leche
- dairy farming — industria láctea / de la leche
- I've followed a healthy macrobiotic diet for 10 years now, which means that I try to stick to fresh organic food and avoid dairy and meat.
- Willett, however, considers dairy that's been skimmed of saturated fat an optional food.
- The most common food intolerances are wheat or gluten, dairy, corn, soy, eggs and peanuts.
- You will need to read all food labels as dairy turns up in many disguises, eg, whey, lactose, skimmed milk powder, casein, milk protein.
- In these cases Dampness-engendering foods like dairy, citrus, and perhaps wheat may need to be eliminated from the diet.
- Saturated fats have been shown to have health repercussions, too, but are naturally occurring in such foods as meat, eggs and dairy.
- The Government says it is responding to concern about the power of the supermarket chains, not just in dairy but for other foods such as fruit and vegies as well.
- Twenty-three hundred Holstein cattle were maintained at the dairy with 1300 cows milked three times daily.
- Since Maine's three major dairies require farmers to pledge not to use hormones, farmers who do use them have to ship their milk to out-of-state dairies.
- Milk bottles would transport milk from the dairy to your door and you would recycle that bottle each day by giving it back to your milkman.
- I not only have gluten sensitivity but wheat, dairy and various other food sensitivities.
- Instead of selling fluid milk to agribusiness dairies, these farmers develop a market niche for their products by adding value to the milk.
- Allergy sufferers also find relief by avoiding dairy, meat and/or wheat-based foods when symptoms are at their worst.
- Greens and other plant foods easily hold their own against dairy in terms of calcium content.
- Diet often plays a role, with wheat and dairy being the most common food offenders.
- Treatments were blended into a supplement at a commercial feed mill and delivered to the dairy.
- Chief among allergic foods are dairy and wheat.
- Most importantly we'd recommend consulting a medical practitioner or dietitian before excluding any major food group like dairy from the diet.
- Formerly 75% of our revenue was derived from dairy, largely milk and ice cream.
- Other dairies believe 3.25% or high-fat milk is what consumers want.
- By 2020, those dairies will be replaced with 100 feed-lot dairies averaging 1,400 cows.
- We have regional superdairies, regional dairies and small regional dairies that we work with closely.
- When over the acute stage, avoid: alcohol, red meat, tobacco, spicy, greasy and fried foods and dairy.
- Currently fewer than a quarter of large hog operations and large dairies are spreading their manure on adequate crop land acreages to meet the new EPA guidelines.
- Such large dairies face higher costs, including those associated with manure storage.
- While it's true that there are a variety of other foods that are rich in calcium, dairy is still the best bet.
- It's widely available in animal foods including dairy, eggs, fish, and poultry.
- With the consolidation of dairies and building of more megaplants, the pressure is on to reduce costs.
- Since then, the company has gone on a massive shopping spree, acquiring and building some 14 different packaging and processing plants and dairies.
- This is the story of two very different goat dairies who found direct-marketing success with meticulous management and distinctive products.
- The facility had to be large enough to accommodate a tractor-trailer tank truck of the type used to haul milk to commercial dairies processing 10-million gallons a day.
- They say primary school meals should provide at least one portion from the following groups: fruit and vegetables, milk or dairy, meat or fish, and a starchy food such as bread or pasta.
- According to Chef Sumara Malingalis, raw food with no meat, no dairy, and no cooking is all the rage in Hollywood.
- This will rot cooked food, oils, dairy, meat, rubber, cardboard and newspaper.
- Another innovative way Midwest is providing service to members with dairies is through a heifer-replacement program.
- Woodson mentions that many dairies have consolidated their warehouses, creating the need for larger distribution facilities.
- Indeed, the need for cost-effective solutions and consumer-friendly features continues to impact the decisionmaking process among dairies.
- The DBIC provides a full array of technical assistance to new and emerging dairy businesses including farmstead and artisan dairies as well as small, medium and large dairy processors.
- Free manure from an out-of-business dairy helped move things along.
- While many dairy processors use contract carriers to deliver their products, several dairies maintain their own fleet.
2(shop) lechería feminine(company) central lechera feminine
- The corner dairy is a delicatessen and I can buy soy-yoghurt, fresh bread and good coffee all as I walk to work.
- Most of this work is unproblematic - teenagers taking an after-school job in a supermarket, corner dairy, or working in a family business.
- Blanche was known to get water from a nearby dairy where she shopped - mainly for canned goods, candles and fuel for her little primus stove that she cooked on.
- Several Amish cooperatives and family run dairies have developed a loyal relationship with the restaurant, selling only to Pouillon.
- I funded my habit by roaming the streets and beaches looking for glass softdrink bottles that I'd trade in to the dairy for two or four cents each.
- I have actually heard one of the co-leaders of the Greens say that we should not be allowed to drive to the corner dairy - we should be forced to walk.
- Because so many farms have diversified in recent years there are often jobs for partners in bakeries, dairies and farm shops.
- When you support local dairies, bakeries, clothes shops, restaurants, butchers and local businesses and retailers in general, you are supporting local jobs and a vibrant local economy.
- Over time, the hotel was expanded and a dairy, bakery and stables were added.
- A dairy in the north of England has begun selling Newcastle Brown Ale flavoured ice cream.
- Licenses for all kinds of businesses, from dairies to pet food stores to horseback riding schools, now cost more money.
- The shop was a dairy that supplied milk to the boats in the harbour and involved long hours.
3New Zealand(small grocery shop)tienda de combustibles femininetienda de ultramarinos femininebodega feminine Venezuela Peru Cubaabarrotes masculine Mexico Andes Central Americaalmacén masculine Southern Cone
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.