In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1devaneo masculine literaryescarceos masculinecoqueteo masculine
- Affairs of the heart are not encouraged, although sexual dalliances can be handled with deft precision by those intimately, although not actually, involved.
- The idea of unattached romantic dalliances within lush tropical settings is theoretically pleasant, yet unfulfilling as is the notion of a marriage without jealously or commitment.
- Jessica is the kind of woman few heterosexual people want to know about - the woman who is basically straight but has had the occasional dalliance with another woman.
- Who would have thought that the sexual dalliances of a 56-year-old football manager could generate more column inches than the infidelities of his star player?
- Over the next few days, the princess pointedly ignored Ramirez, choosing to spend time with Kamiko instead in romantic dalliance.
- The biggest no-no remains the illicit affair: 93 percent of Americans find romantic dalliances between married men and women morally unacceptable.
- That answer focused on the personalities of the two extant sexual partners as being merely unstable, unsuitable for sexual dalliance.
- We track Hemingway through his four marriages (and an occasional dalliance, such as the Italian girl Adriana who inspired some of his later work) and considerable globe-hopping.
- I didn't say anything for a long time, because if I was questioning my sexuality, I could bet my friends would if I told them about my dalliances.
- For short-term sexual dalliances, women focus more on physical characteristics and personality traits such as a sense of humor.
- Expect Braff's character, JD, to have further fraught romantic dalliances with Elliot.
- Can Dr Ken save the day, or will his occasional sexual dalliance become the next victim of The Psycho Lover?
- When your sexual dalliances have been shouted across the world, guys are probably just saying, ‘Hey, I can date a famous woman and probably get some too.’
- No one likes it when a prime minister is put to the sword over untested claims of a sexual dalliance 43 years ago.
- Not that there's anything much at stake in all of this, for he isn't a realist, and the same-sex dalliances he discloses are pure Hollywood fantasy.
- As long as you respect your partner, occasional dalliances are not a big deal.
- We stayed pretty close (even had a couple more dalliances, but neither of us was laboring under any illusions that we could restart it, so it was okay).
- ‘So much celebrity profiling takes the position that they were heterosexual with, maybe, some same-sex dalliance on the side,’ says Mann.
- If you love someone and they love you, why do something as silly as a one-time sexual dalliance if it would ruin a good thing?
- Most of the film flips back and forth between Vera and Fred and their respective sexual and financial dalliances.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.