1damage control exercise — (in public relations) operación de lavado de imagen feminine
- I wonder if they will stand firm or whether they will attempt some damage limitation?
- These are electorally damaging claims and are potentially harmful to responsible and democratic government: clearly, damage limitation was indicated.
- When quizzed by his colleagues about this uncharacteristic outburst, Mike embarked on damage limitation.
- Although Scotland have had their moments, next Saturday's test will again surely be an exercise in damage limitation.
- Still, day three was always going to be an exercise in damage limitation.
- Stopping scandals before they happen is more effective than damage limitation after the event.
- It was a big day out for them, but that was all it ever promised to be when it rapidly become apparent that the plan was designed for damage limitation.
- Heroic defence is all about damage limitation.
- In a day of damage limitation, central banks around the world moved to calm markets by pumping an additional $80 bn into markets to ease a possible cash shortage.
- Many a side would now have concentrated on damage limitation, but Steve Paterson has a more adventurous philosophy than that and his men continued to press forward.
- This isn't about right or wrong, it's about damage limitation.
- In previous years I haven't managed to catch them early, and control has been impossible, with damage limitation the only hope.
- As a fuller story unfolds, his attempts at damage limitation sometimes seem like semantics.
- But it wasn't quite right and it was all Ross could do to attempt some damage limitation and just get around safely and pick up a few points.
- They made the usual noises about ‘having nothing to lose’, but arrived thinking in terms of damage limitation.
- Most electional charts are an exercise in damage limitation.
- Behind every food scare, there is a barrage of claims and counter-claims, hyperbole and damage limitation.
- So I would expect that she advised him that this damage limitation was the best course of action.
- Despite the talent within their ranks, they had obviously come for a draw - an exercise in damage limitation.
- Kilkenny were now at sixes and sevens and working towards damage limitation.