In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1baile masculine(shoes/lesson/instructor) de bailehe loves dancing — le encanta bailar
- her dancing is superb — baila de maravilla
- dancing partner — compañero de baile
- The march ended at the Lawson Tama Stadium where the crowds were entertained with traditional dancing.
- This ballet gives the corps plenty of dancing to do and I thought they all did it very well.
- The screenings were preceded by traditional hula dancing and slack-key guitar music.
- Activities and entertainment throughout the evening included a myriad of activities from classical Thai dancing to beer drinking contests.
- Breaking all the rules of public dancing, the waltz scandalised polite society with its racy rhythms, generating a social revolution along the way.
- We had flamenco dancing, traditional Irish music, ballads, jokes, you name it we did it.
- Following the class at 9.45 pm there will be dancing to live music in the Bridge Bar.
- Sanjay's tryst with the world of music began during his school and college days, and grew out of his fondness for dancing and dance music.
- There will be music, dancing, masks, beads, coins, themed entertainers, parade floats, and much more.
- Over the two day period there will be lots of entertainment, sports, dancing, music, and the festival will end with a gigantic open-air céilí.
- The £20 ticket includes dinner and dancing to the Tropicana Club Dance Orchestra.
- A full Christmas dinner will be served, followed by dancing to the music of Sound Affair.
- After two whole hours the dinner was taken away and we were supposed to do some more light dancing and be entertained by some lady playing a harp.
- The reception is a gala, cross-generational affair, with plenty of food, liquor, music, and dancing.
- The classes are in adult dancing, set dancing, ceilí and waltzing.
- The Feria de Abril de Sevilla consists on a week long party in which eating, drinking and dancing are the main activities.
- Dancers competed in categories including ballet, tap, modern dancing and song and dance.
- Often aerobic activity like walking or dancing will energize you and make sexual contact more appealing.
- Her eyes close, and she remembers the pleasure of dancing with him, their bodies completely in sync.
- You can also watch the entertainment, with plate smashing, fire dancing and traditional dancing, too.
- They were a pleasure-loving people and enjoyed dancing, singing, and playing a ball game called hatos.
- The spirit of the music is buoyant and vital enough to inspire step dancing on a cold winter evening.
- Latin American dancing is a central activity at festivals and in local clubs.
- The classes bring to life the basics of music and dance, including choreographed movement and dancing, singing, instruments and musical guessing games.
- If dancing is your game then Newbridge is your town as there are a large variety of dance troupes about the place.
- Her dancing redefines the term classical ballet not just for her generation, but forever.
- Expect English National Ballet's technically brilliant dancing to bring an evening of pure pleasure.
- The guild had a busy year with set dancing, art classes and many other activities and hopes to entice new young members to join.
- The afternoon started with the viewing of the Mayo Abbey heritage video, followed by dancing to the music of the Harvest Trio.
- Irish dancing is a folk dance, a part of our culture.
- They can expect to see music from local bands as well as Irish dancing, line dancing and step dancing as part of the celebrations.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.