In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Yes, it had some snack and coffee machines, but he also added some things specifically intended to relieve stress: Silly Putty, a dartboard, a videogame, a TV, and some magazines.
- Fans of pub sports are in for a treat, with a pool table, two dartboards and a quiz machine.
- There was a dartboard, and a pool table, and random teenagers and young adults standing around, or sitting and drinking, all of them loud and boisterous and in plain high spirits.
- There were lots of games and toys under the bunks and dartboards on the walls.
- Lange says that Brash has ‘thrown a dart at the dartboard and hit the bullseye’, but shouldn't mistake that for the beginning of a pro-National revolution.
- Pubs will have to replace dartboards with mirrors, bored barmaids will have to idle away the hours polishing stemmed glasses.
- Sam was lazily tossing darts at the dartboard where they had pinned up a picture of a black shadow with a question mark beside it.
- It received a big boost in 1937, when the King and Queen toured a social club in Slough, Berkshire and casually threw darts at a dartboard.
- The ‘dartboard’ is a specific target face 122 cm in diameter laid out with scoring zones exactly the same as for a dartboard.
- Now why cannot we have restaurants or bars with billiard rooms, dartboards, whirlpool and snooker tables?
- If you're standing in front of a dart board and you're trying to hit the bull's eye, you are bound to miss sometimes, but your errors will be randomly distributed around the middle of the dartboard.
- The club has a fully stocked, inexpensive bar and restaurant, complete with pool table and dartboards.
- There are 121,645,100,408,832,000 different possible arrangements of the 20 segments on a standard dartboard so it is perhaps a little surprising that Gamlin's arrangement of the numbers is almost perfect.
- Indeed, had he reversed the shafts and thrown flight first, the dart would still have buried itself to a depth of three inches: the dartboard never stood a chance.
- If one throws darts at a dartboard and it has a uniform chance of landing anywhere on the dartboard, then the mean coordinate (EX, EY) is on the bullseye.
- In addition to its Nautical theme, this bar features much to keep you entertained, such as dartboards, pool tables, and video games.
- Large indoor games - these might include table tennis, snooker, table football or a dartboard with rubber-tipped darts, but you need plenty of space, such as a garage, to set them up.
- Shek glanced at the dartboard once before letting her own dart fly.
- It will be the best of five games and there will be six dartboards in operation.
- He then balanced the knife on the end of his index finger, flipped it around, grabbed it by the handle, and almost simultaneously threw it at the dartboard, blade landing dead center of the bulls-eye.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.