In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tablero de mandos masculinesalpicadero masculine Spain
- Thylac leans forward and presses several blinking controls on the dashboard.
- Controls on the dashboard allow the driver to turn the display on or off, select which information to display or adjust the image format.
- Guidelines say blue badges must be displayed on the dashboard of a vehicle or in a conspicuous position so all details on it can be clearly seen.
- I was interested and not a little amused to note a panel on the dashboard with three small indicator lights.
- From the driver's viewpoint, the dashboard controls are a great improvement over those of the old version.
- Lights on the vehicles' dashboards go from gold to green.
- I popped my orange disabled drivers badges on the dashboard and peered at the meter.
- Tomorrow's vehicles will be loaded with personalizable electronic dashboards, navigation systems, entertainment/communication systems and a slew of services.
- Many devices today, from cell phones and laptop computers to automobile dashboards and aircraft instruments, contain wires and components bonded to plastic substrates that can bend without damaging the electronics.
- If these features are available, they should be easily configurable via a simple electronic control panel on vehicle dashboards, and the defaults should favor quiet and discretion.
- A long dashboard reaches deep into the sloping windscreen with almost none of the bonnet visible as you peer over the dash.
- On the dashboard the bleeping sound carried on and a red light was flashing with the sound.
- The driver can turn the system off, which prompts the screen to retract into the dashboard.
- Even more extraordinarily, the sportier S-types have aluminium-finished dashboards and interior highlights.
- All the one-hour parking would be policed via time-discs with a clock displayed by drivers on their dashboard.
- Interface dashboards connote performance assessment in the way physical vehicles' dashboards communicate speed, fuel levels, and potential system problems.
- Saddle leather is also used for the top roll of the dashboard and center console.
- The dashboard controls are clear, although on the model I tested the switchgear area largely featured blanks.
- I had a few misgivings: the visibility of the dashboard was obscured by the steering wheel and the seats at the back were pretty cramped.
- It will be possible to put the at-a-glance guide on the dashboard or windscreen in the driver's line of sight.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.