In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(facts, information)datosinformación feminineto collect/supply data on sb/sth — recopilar/suministrar información sobre algn/algo
- The structure of the database permits easy retrieval of specific mutation data for further analysis.
- Evaluation is the systematic collection and analysis of relevant data to inform decision making.
- She said the publication uses data from monthly opinion polls, statistical data, and an analysis of media reports.
- The solution rested with data collection and analysis by a number of SPC member companies.
- Using predominantly CPS files, I was able to collect statistical data on a number of variables.
- In this section, we will discuss some details of our measurement software and the collected data.
- Police time will then be spent collecting together the data and providing statistics that indicate the ethnicity of those stopped.
- With this book we try to bridge this gap and present real data and facts together with concepts commonly used in economics.
- Web surveys have reduced the cost of data collection and made data analysis more efficient.
- In time, more and more use will be made of statistical analysis of data to describe rocks that fall into a few named categories.
- RTW collected the data, carried out statistical analyses, and reviewed the manuscript.
- He cited a recent analysis based on data collected by a software company that was funded by a CIA-connected firm.
- All interpretation of data and analysis of statistics will then be carried out in-house by the Chamber.
- These programs are used to edit and prepare the collected data for analysis.
- The S Language is a powerful tool for the statistical and graphical analysis of data.
- He notes that the pair provide graphs but no statistical analysis of their data.
- We used grounded theory to guide sampling and collection and analysis of data.
- The reduction in violent crime is evident in the raw data, before any statistical analysis.
- The IMF insists that the Department of Statistics gets economic data together in a timely fashion.
- Analysis of variance and Chi square tests were used for statistical analysis of data.
- HP's wireless keyboards can transmit data to other computers in faraway buildings.
- Radio signals send that data to a computer mounted on the handlebars for the cyclists to read.
- With a day's diving complete, the team recorded their data in laptop computers and
- Spent the morning verifying health records and entering data in the computer; always a great joy.
- Three playbacks are planned, to ensure that all recorded data are safely transmitted to Earth.
- It can also monitor sales and store financial data on recording companies and rights-holders.
- The transmitting modem translates digital computer data into analog signals that can be carried over a phone line.
- The coherent light beams could lead to ultrafast computer circuitry that transmits data optically.
- While backing up data may be a minor chore for many, backing up vast quantities of data is a major operation.
- The audit trailing of data is likely to multiply the amount of transactional data we store by a factor of two or more.
- WinBackup is designed to make it easy to perform regular backups of all or selected data on your computer.
- Internet 2 continues to break astounding records for transmitting data.
- Argote gives the example of old recordings of film or data stored on magnetic tape.
- The data signal is stored in a first memory in response to the write clock signal.
- The accumulated data is recorded and stored because the material flow must be traceable.
- From cassette tapes to disk drives, the most popular way to store data is with magnetic materials.
- An electronic tag containing an EPC on a microchip stores and transmits data to a reader.
- A query is executed in a computer to retrieve data from a database stored on a data storage device.
- It's primarily designed to prefetch large quantities of data to help prevent processor stalls.
- Some allow you to download stored data to your computer as a way of keeping track of your progress.
2Computingdatos(file) de datosa piece of data — un dato
- data analysis — análisis de datos
- data analyst — analista de datos
- data bus — bus de datos
- data carrier — portadora de datos
- data communication(s) — comunicación de datos
- data corruption — corrupción de datos
- data dictionary / directory — diccionario de datos
- data disk — disco de datos
- data encryption — cifrado de datos
- data file — archivo de datos
- data highway — autopista de datos
- data input — introducción de datos
- data item — dato elemental
- data network — red de datos
- data processor — procesador de datos
- data recovery — recuperación de datos
- data retrieval — rescate de datos
- data security — seguridad de datos
- data sheet — hoja de datos
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.