In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(facts, information)datosinformación feminineto collect/supply data on sb/sth — recopilar/suministrar información sobre algn/algo
- Using predominantly CPS files, I was able to collect statistical data on a number of variables.
- Evaluation is the systematic collection and analysis of relevant data to inform decision making.
- Web surveys have reduced the cost of data collection and made data analysis more efficient.
- In this section, we will discuss some details of our measurement software and the collected data.
- She said the publication uses data from monthly opinion polls, statistical data, and an analysis of media reports.
- He notes that the pair provide graphs but no statistical analysis of their data.
- Police time will then be spent collecting together the data and providing statistics that indicate the ethnicity of those stopped.
- In time, more and more use will be made of statistical analysis of data to describe rocks that fall into a few named categories.
- All interpretation of data and analysis of statistics will then be carried out in-house by the Chamber.
- The reduction in violent crime is evident in the raw data, before any statistical analysis.
- These programs are used to edit and prepare the collected data for analysis.
- He cited a recent analysis based on data collected by a software company that was funded by a CIA-connected firm.
- The solution rested with data collection and analysis by a number of SPC member companies.
- The IMF insists that the Department of Statistics gets economic data together in a timely fashion.
- The S Language is a powerful tool for the statistical and graphical analysis of data.
- We used grounded theory to guide sampling and collection and analysis of data.
- Analysis of variance and Chi square tests were used for statistical analysis of data.
- The structure of the database permits easy retrieval of specific mutation data for further analysis.
- With this book we try to bridge this gap and present real data and facts together with concepts commonly used in economics.
- RTW collected the data, carried out statistical analyses, and reviewed the manuscript.
2Computingdatos(file) de datosa piece of data — un dato
- data analysis — análisis de datos
- data analyst — analista de datos
- data bus — bus de datos
- data carrier — portadora de datos
- data communication(s) — comunicación de datos
- data corruption — corrupción de datos
- data dictionary / directory — diccionario de datos
- data disk — disco de datos
- data encryption — cifrado de datos
- data file — archivo de datos
- data highway — autopista de datos
- data input — introducción de datos
- data item — dato elemental
- data network — red de datos
- data processor — procesador de datos
- data recovery — recuperación de datos
- data retrieval — rescate de datos
- data security — seguridad de datos
- data sheet — hoja de datos
- From cassette tapes to disk drives, the most popular way to store data is with magnetic materials.
- While backing up data may be a minor chore for many, backing up vast quantities of data is a major operation.
- An electronic tag containing an EPC on a microchip stores and transmits data to a reader.
- The coherent light beams could lead to ultrafast computer circuitry that transmits data optically.
- The data signal is stored in a first memory in response to the write clock signal.
- Argote gives the example of old recordings of film or data stored on magnetic tape.
- It can also monitor sales and store financial data on recording companies and rights-holders.
- With a day's diving complete, the team recorded their data in laptop computers and
- Some allow you to download stored data to your computer as a way of keeping track of your progress.
- It's primarily designed to prefetch large quantities of data to help prevent processor stalls.
- Three playbacks are planned, to ensure that all recorded data are safely transmitted to Earth.
- Radio signals send that data to a computer mounted on the handlebars for the cyclists to read.
- The accumulated data is recorded and stored because the material flow must be traceable.
- Spent the morning verifying health records and entering data in the computer; always a great joy.
- WinBackup is designed to make it easy to perform regular backups of all or selected data on your computer.
- HP's wireless keyboards can transmit data to other computers in faraway buildings.
- Internet 2 continues to break astounding records for transmitting data.
- A query is executed in a computer to retrieve data from a database stored on a data storage device.
- The transmitting modem translates digital computer data into analog signals that can be carried over a phone line.
- The audit trailing of data is likely to multiply the amount of transactional data we store by a factor of two or more.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.