In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1centro diurno para ancianos, minusválidos etc
- Now a day centre for the elderly, the tiny pub has been preserved virtually intact.
- The last time he attended the day centre was on January 25, 2000.
- The day centre provides educational and recreational activities for people with learning disabilities.
- Wiseman said the project also included plans for a day-care centre, laundromat, community hall and other amenities.
- It will have a 15-bed inpatient unit, a day centre and an outpatient unit.
- In Mongouge, an adult day-care center was established to keep the elderly occupied, well fed and cared for.
- He then attended One Step Ahead, a day centre for people with learning difficulties.
- During his visit the Prince met patients and volunteers in the hospice day centre, which provides support for patients and their families.
- Homeless people in Swindon desperately need a day centre where they can get help and advice, says a leading councillor.
- With the long term support of Scope, Kelly managed to complete school and now attends a day centre for adults in Coventry.
- As the years pass, parents do not have the time to take care of their children and they are sent to a day-care centre or a pre-school at a very young age.
- He said the school also provided support and acted as a day centre for children with special needs from other schools.
- Two schoolgirls came to the rescue of a confused elderly woman who had wandered off from her day centre in Sheen last week.
- Councillors yesterday agreed to press ahead with a plan to privatise five old people's homes and close a day centre in Wakefield.
- A mental health day centre, a day centre for older people and an ambulance base will all be part of the new hospital.
- The long-term aim is to open a permanent day centre for the homeless.
- She runs a day centre for the elderly from the building.
- Many people who come to the day centre do so because of the convenience of having the post office nearby.
- Patients who have been discharged from hospital can visit the day centre for support, occupational therapy or to talk to their qualified psychiatric nurse.
- As well as providing full-time care for 48 patients the proposed scheme will have a day centre for elderly people.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.