In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1paciente ambulatorio masculinepaciente ambulatoria femininepaciente externo masculinepaciente externa feminine
- We have been trying to get a residential bed for her since last November but she has had to be a day patient instead.
- St Catherine's has 18 beds and also has up to 20 places for day patients who can come to socialise and take part in the art therapy.
- He became a day patient at York's Bootham Park Hospital - he found it too claustrophobic to live there.
- She'd have to go in to hospital as a day patient a couple of days a week every other week.
- My husband went in as a day patient for a cataract operation and was treated fantastically.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.