In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1boleto de ida y vuelta en el (mismo) día masculinebillete de ida y vuelta en el (mismo) día masculine Spaintiquete de ida y vuelta en el (mismo) día masculine Colombiaboleto de viaje redondo en el (mismo) día masculine Mexico
- A cheap day return to Stalybridge is the drinker's ticket to four different railway watering holes and 30 different beers.
- The 35-mile journey takes 1hr 45 min, so a day return is more than possible.
- I get on a bus, show my pass and get a cheap day return to most places.
- The cheapest way of reaching the continent is a day return on any one of the dozens of ferries plying the routes daily to France, Belgium, Holland and Denmark.
- The current cheapest day return between the two cities is £12.30, although passengers cannot travel before 9.30 am on weekdays.
- A senior's rail day return from Blackburn to Darwen is £1.15, a saving of 22p and trains are not smothered in unappealing adverts.
- The normal day return for the trip London-Brighton from Victoria Station is £15 and from Kings Cross Station (which takes a little longer) is £10.
- People who live in the southeast of England find it cheaper to driver to Dover and buy a ferry ticket for a day return and fill their car with euro-booze than it is to buy your alcohol at home.
- No advance cheap tickets are available but a £12.30 cheap day return is available after 9.30 am, according to the National Rail Enquiries telephone line.
- When they tried to book for Friday, October 29 a price of £128.50 for a standard day return was quoted because cheaper tickets had not been released.
- The cost per passenger is 3 for a day return and 2 one way.
- A pensioner using a railcard for a day return from Brighton to Evesham can find himself paying any of 11 different fares, from £24.30 to £92.80, depending on which trains he happens to book.
- I believe a day return (based on travelling in peak hours) is around £4.
- I'm happy with a cheap day return to Catford once a year.
- The cost would be a £1.90 return tram ticket and a cheap day return for just 90p - another £2.80.
- A day return is £15.50 for a day out in Bute, Scotland's first island in the Highlands.
- I would only use this opening if I'd bought a cheap day return (not valid after 5 p.m.).
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.