In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ropa de calle feminine
- There he changed from nighttime's woolen garb to sturdy leather daywear.
- New mothers: remember, however tired you are, pyjamas aren't really considered daywear.
- For daywear, I have used gabardine and crepe and for evening, there are vibrant silks and chiffon.
- Kik Bak, by contrast, is a daywear line featuring retro styling.
- Blouses are great for daywear, whether to go to work/school or out for a nice lunch.
- From daywear to eveningwear, Jarick covered all the bases, though being a bit scattered as far as theme or continuity are concerned.
- Her evening pieces weren't as fully formed as her daywear pieces, but she gets extra points for getting most of it right.
- They had to design, cut and sew three outfits: one outfit for daywear; one for evening and one for a child aged approximately 18 months.
- Short daywear dresses of a similar style are sometimes called babydoll dresses.
- An array of items erases traditional distinctions between evening dress and daywear.
- Not wanting to sleep, and not able to, she changed into daywear and slipped into her cloak.
- I'd have to say classic, maybe a little baggy, tending toward the urban casual in my daywear.
- The collection will have different sections to every need of the modern woman - sportswear, daywear, romantic and evening wear.
- Almost entirely white, with minimal decoration, the linen and silk daywear were instant classics.
- The best of the lot were reserved for the runway fashion show that featured gowns and daywear.
- Pop a jacket over it and you could wear it to a wedding; add a knit and flat sandals, and it's good for daywear.
- What might be appropriate autumnal daywear for a 27-year-old, size 8-10, who doesn't wear heels if she can help it?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.