In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1fecha tope femininefecha límite feminineplazo de entrega masculineto work to a deadline — trabajar con miras a un plazo determinado
- to set/extend a deadline — fijar/prorrogar el plazo de entrega
- to meet a deadline — entregar un trabajo dentro del plazo previsto
- they always miss the deadlines — nunca entregan el trabajo a tiempo
- The Council's deadline for receipt of tenders passed last Friday, April 8.
- The scattering of the bargaining unit across a whole state and a looming strike deadline only augment the confusion.
- I am actually perilously close to missing the deadline for submission of this article.
- They were preparing to work through the holidays to make up for a missed deadline for completion of the work.
- The society has extended the deadline for entries, which must reach the Regional Education District by July 8.
- The deadline for the receipt of the questionnaire is Friday April 20, 2001.
- The airline submitted its financial statements on June 6, six days later than its extended deadline of May 30.
- By the end of August, the self-imposed deadline for the completion of the Convention's work was close.
- The deadline for submissions for the next issue is the end of September.
- Which brings us to today's imposed deadline for Anderson handing in the results of his investigation.
- You must have the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- The final deadline for entries is January 6, 2006.
- As for those sick that want to attend, the deadline for submission of names is the end of January.
- If the deadline is passed and no claim is made the money will instead go to the Good Causes fund.
- Taylor said he would try other methods of raising the cash if the final deadline was not met.
- Council officials received about 39,000 applications by yesterday's 5pm deadline.
- The University of Transkei extended its registration deadline yesterday to accommodate financially needy students.
- Many residents only found out about this planning application six days before the original deadline of January 12.
- In other words, he had his own creative life to lead while we were working flat out to meet our deadlines, night after night.
- More than 150 people filed papers and paid their fees before yesterday's deadline.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.