- By taking on this challenge they have helped to transform the lives of thousands of deaf-blind people around the UK.
- More than 120 transport providers throughout Essex are signed up to the scheme and even the airline Easyjet accepts the vouchers which were given to eleven wheelchair-bound or deaf-blind residents of the district.
- Major Ingram, 40, from Easterton, near Devizes, hopes to raise thousands of pounds for the charity Sense, which supports deaf-blind people of all ages.
- The English film had its share of emotionalism in the teacher's personal guilt and grief, the volcanic tantrums of the deaf-blind child, the patriarchal father, the overwrought mother, and a sumptuous life style.
- Mr Ingram is about to take part in the New York Marathon in aid of the deaf-blind children's charity Sense.
- The movie is an unofficial remake of the 1962 US film The Miracle Worker, about the deaf-blind child Helen Keller and her teacher Annie Sullivan, who penetrated the wall of dark silence to introduce Helen to the world of words.