In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1índice de mortalidad masculinetasa de mortalidad femininemortalidad feminine
- We should start to see the death rate and the injury rate on New Zealand roads reducing even further.
- Keep in mind that the death rate varies as a function of age and the death rate is higher in the elderly.
- Those at the bottom suffered three times the death rate of those at the top.
- At the same time, the death rate from injuries and homicides among men fell 40 per cent.
- While the death rate from coronary heart disease is falling, the number of people living with the disease is increasing.
- The dramatic rise in fuel costs means there is a real and significant danger that the winter death rate could rise even higher.
- If the vaccinations are not done, the death rate could easily match that of the 1991 outbreak, he said.
- They said the analysis proved screening reduced the death rate by 21 per cent.
- States don't have all the resources they need, and that is contributing to the high death rate, he said.
- Forecasts that change the assumed attack rate or the death rate will yield different predictions.
- They said the virus was likely to come to Scotland and that the death rate could be much higher than has previously been predicted.
- Some argue that boxing has a lower death rate per year from acute injury than other sports.
- Improved health services have decreased the infant mortality rate and the general death rate.
- Other advances in technology and good antenatal care have reduced the death rate.
- The new figures mean the widely-accepted death rate in Scotland of nine patients a week has been revised to 36.
- If the death rate in Bristol in this period had been the same as the average of other units, only 24 babies would have died.
- After introducing an extensive programme of sport in schools it has cut its death rate by 75%.
- That trend and a soaring death rate are helping reduce Russia's population at a rapid rate.
- The death rate for heroin addicts is between 10 and 20 times higher than the rest of the population of the same age.
- Statistics show that the death rate among lonely people is twice that of more emotionally fulfilled people.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.