In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1débito masculinecargo masculinebefore noun debit balance — saldo deudor masculine
- debit entry — débito
- debit note — nota de cargo
- As is now done, debits were recorded on the left page and credits on the right one.
- The opposite is true when a country receives capital: paying a return on a said investment would be noted as a debit in the current account.
- The sawmill ledger included a chair account containing a few debits and numerous credits for various types of chairs, likely fashioned from the sawmill's output.
- A deficit could also stem from a rise in investments from abroad and increased obligations by the local economy to pay investment income (a debit under income in the current account).
- Mr Shaw agreed that, if the solicitor did not post such a debit to the office side of the ledger, there would be a credit balance on the office side of the ledger.
- The debit column in Boroughmuir's ledger has a few entries this morning, but there is nothing there to suggest they are near bankrupt.
- The small debit left on the account was cancelled as an ‘out trade resolution’.
- To be a player in this electronic financial landscape, one just has to borrow and lend money in the markets - create a balance sheet of entries on the vast electronic ledger of debits and credits.
- The point is that accounting is not as simple as debits and credits.
- Instead, they saw, and only infrequently, the madam's account book, listing debits and credits, with the larger totals in the debit column.
- The other reports deal with accounts that have negative equity - that is, the debit in the account exceeds the market value of the securities held in the account.
- This is not a formal accounting journal with debits and credits.
- Alternatively, the page was divided into two columns for recording debits and credits.
- Prior to the switch, the narrative of the account often reported the amounts in dollars while the debit and credit entries would continue using British currency.
- As such, a deficit may be a result of the claims foreigners have on the local economy (recorded as a debit in the current account).
- On the contrary, these are among the most lamentable debits on the balance sheet of empire.
- The debit entries from a page in Cottin's account book have been translated in Table 2.
- Consequently, the coal account registered, on its debit side, production expenses and, in a later phase, also the general expenses and selling expenses.
- The second section was the ledger, consisting of all accounts and their debit and credit entries.
- By the time of the forfeiture in August 1995 Mr Jaura had an overdraft of £3,125 and a debit on his loan account of some £45,000.
1debitarcargarto debit a sum against / to an account — debitar una cantidad de una cuenta
- they debited my account with the sum — debitaron la suma de mi cuenta
- I was debited with $100 — me cargaron / debitaron 100 dólares
- They were also having their accounts debited for short message services despite the messages not reaching their destinations.
- One account is debited for the amount involved in any transaction and another account is credited.
- The fact that a substantial amount of Irish people do not actually have a bank account, however, is a major obstacle, as Laser cards work by debiting a person's account for the appropriate amount when they make a purchase.
- Once you sign up, your account will be debited automatically every month, unless you cancel immediately.
- Around 500 residents have been contacted by letter explaining that the computer fault had stopped money being debited from bank accounts and asking them to make a direct payment.
- If you fail to make your payment by the stated deadline, the fee is generally debited from your retirement account.
- The Liquidator claims that the bank wrongfully and without authority debited the company's account with that sum.
- As well as using the credit card to obtain goods or services, the card-holder may obtain cash by the use of the card but he is then charged interest from the date the amount is debited from his account with the issuer.
- It informed me that it had debited the suggested lower amount from my credit card only because it had received legal advice that it would cost more to recover the entire debt than simply to accept the loss.
- However, no such amount was ever credited to the Guardian's Fund and Poswa's bank account shows that no such amount was ever debited from it.
- On both systems payment will then automatically be debited from bank or credit card accounts.
- I am trying to determine whether it is possible for my Cable & Wireless bill to be automatically debited from my account every month.
- We will debit your account as we find appropriate.
- In a valid cheque the instrument must have the customer's signature: a forged cheque is not a valid mandate, and the bank cannot debit the customer's account.
- Cheques altered in this way must not be accepted in payment as they will either be returned unpaid or could result in the wrong value being credited to or debited from an account.
- The malicious emails - normally a fake order confirmation for an IBM Laptop PC - told the recipient that their bank account has been debited for £1,099.99 and provides a link to check or cancel the order.
- Approaching the toll bridges, electronic sensors read the tags, debit the customer's account with the toll fee and automatically lift the barriers.
- I was told this could not be done until November, and was then dismayed to find the company had debited my bank account for the following year, using an out-of-date debit card.
- Another reader realised that a three-year personal loan which had matured, continued to be debited directly from his account for a further 12 months.
- So the legal point of phantom withdrawals hinged on the question: if a PIN is typed into an ATM with a card that matches an account number, is that a mandate by the customer for the bank to debit their account?
- A call to Freecall's support line revealed that I was one of the lucky recipients of the company's new zero minutes a month package, for which Freecall had debited my bank account by £19.99 just two days earlier.
- Bingo, your credit card or bank account will automatically be debited and you can toddle off with your shopping.
- Although I gave them carte blanche for automatically debiting my bank account every month for the amount I owed them, they simply ‘forgot’ to do that for the past six months.
- A common instance is the forged cheque which, however expertly done, does not entitle the bank to debit a customer's account.
- Some time afterwards he discovered that money was being debited from his bank account.
- Mr Ryan said the practice also debited clients' accounts for legal work without sending them the bill as the rules required.
- Because checks before money is debited from your account can be minimal at times, it is possible for a criminal to ‘clone’, that is copy, your card and use that as if it you were using it yourself.
- My bank incorrectly debits a transfer twice from my account, sending me massively overdrawn and making my account unusable for days.
- The entire monthly balance is automatically debited from your bank account on a pre-arranged date.
- Because the money is debited from your account within two to three days of the transaction, the consumer has a better idea of where they stand at the end of the month, said O'Reilly.
- Many lenders offer a quarter-point reduction for borrowers who agree to have payments automatically debited from their bank accounts.
- I pay several bills using standing orders, yet these payments reach their recipients up to five working days after being debited from my account.
- But enough transactions were made for more than US $3.5 m to be debited from current accounts, mostly through unsigned paper cheques.
- It automatically debits the children's allowance monthly payment to its Childcare deposit account.
- So, the bank provided him with fire cover through its own insurance and also debited his account for the monthly premiums, but without first discussing it with him.
- When you leave, you get a copy of your account and your card is debited automatically.
- A company which monitored the Company's machines would arrange for the customer's bank account to be debited by the amount of the withdrawal plus a $2.00 service charge.
- The taxpayer's bank account details are inserted on the form, together with confirmation of the total amount of tax to be debited.
- The recipient would receive money in a new account, and PayPal would debit the sender's credit card or bank account.
- Big-brother style, money is automatically debited from Singaporeans' bank accounts if they drive into town in an unauthorised vehicle.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.