In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1deudor masculinedeudora feminine
- Over the same time period, the US also moved from being a debtor to a creditor nation as its exports surged.
- The lender trusts the debtor will be able to pay the principal and interest on time.
- Someone had to wade into this mess and force the debtors to cough something up.
- Often a student loan is the first time a debtor has borrowed money from a financial institution.
- Chasing debtors via the legal system wastes court time, is costly and impedes faster repayment.
- The new act will make it more difficult for debtors to qualify for bankruptcy relief.
- Most of the debtor businesses are now bankrupt or in liquidation.
- The company has also experienced problems in monitoring its debtors.
- Morality and economics go hand in hand, sometimes in the past a debtor was seen as a wicked person now they are a good consumer
- The banks will not wipe out their bad debts by foreclosing on their corporate debtors and sending them to the wall.
- The average time for big companies to get their money out of debtors is about two months.
- Canceling the debt gives poor or debtor countries a fresh start and provides crucial relief to people in great need.
- Defaults are always painful, for debtors and creditors alike. And so they should be.
- The trustee must act as a neutral third party as between the debtors and creditors.
- The scheme allows some debtors to clear debts within a specific period, without repaying the full amount.
- We are the world's biggest debtors, borrowing money from Japan and Europe.
- Twenty years ago we were the biggest creditor in the world, and now we are the biggest debtor.
- In either case, the owners must pay back the debtors before getting any money back.
- All of which means that we are a nation of debtors, people who, in large numbers, live beyond our means.
- Sarah is now repaying £401 a month to her debtors and is determined to get back on an even keel.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.