In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1feminine comapunto decimal masculine
- Whole numbers should be shown without a decimal point.
- The underlying incidence rates were reported per 1,000 cows, as some incidence rates were very low, and conversion to percentage values requires only a simple operation of moving the decimal point.
- Take special note of the positioning of the decimal points in those two figures.
- Are those perhaps just numerical problems, and do they have the decimal point in the wrong place, a nought or two dropped off, or a nought or two added?
- The physician did not write the zero prior to the decimal point and the nurse did not read the decimal point.
- The exercise is aimed at 11 to 14 year olds to help them understand how they can make practical use of maths - and how important decimal points can be.
- That's 42 followed by six zeros, no decimal points.
- Convert the decimal to a percentage by moving the decimal point two places to the right.
- He did some quick calculations in his head (he was not sure they were correct, but of course he did not care), and hastily jotted down a number ‘rounded’ to three decimal points.
- Round the resulting euro cent amount to two decimal places, round down where the third figure after the decimal point is four or lower; round up where it is five or higher.
- He was one of the first people to introduce the Hindu-Arabic number system into Europe - the positional system we use today - based on ten digits with its decimal point and a symbol for zero.
- He was the first, however, to use the decimal point.
- In a game which measures success to three decimal points that's an enormous, all but unprecedented difference in achievement.
- I'll spare you from doing the maths yourself, looking at the result and thinking that you must have dropped a decimal point somewhere - 8.7 miles in 2 hours equals a Concordian average speed of 4.35 miles per hour.
- But a misplaced decimal point in his publication led to a figure 10 times too high.
- If you are advising policy makers you usually can't wait until you have the decimal points in place but have to go on the best available information even if it is tiny.
- To change a percentage to a fraction, divide it by 100 and reduce the fraction or move the decimal point to the right until you have only integers.
- If the third figure after the decimal point is under five, the second figure must be reduced by one.
- But this is the first time in my life that I have been a rate tart - and I now know it is hard work, for just a few extra decimal points.
- Fiction editors are capable of endless folly, and any one of them would be prepared to cough up the traditional six figures - before the decimal point - in return for the promise of a novel from such a divine and dazzling creature.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.