In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1levantar el secreto oficial que rige sobrethe information has been declassified — el público tiene ahora libre acceso a la información
- The American Freedom of Information Act declassified the trial records.
- The CIA refuses to declassify the documents involved.
- Only the president can declassify information.
- Fifty years later, the German government still refuses to declassify its own records on the subject.
- Specifically, she noted that Congress does, in fact, have the authority to declassify information.
- The story was only pieced together when German and New Zealand records were declassified in the early 1980s.
- Sometimes there are national security documents that won't be declassified for years.
- The U.S. State Department has just declassified government documents from the mid 1960s.
- Experience shows that commissions require, on average, a year or two to report their results - and even more time to declassify their reports so they can be released for public discussion.
- Some relevant documents have now been declassified, however.
- Consequently, I have determined that it is in the public interest and the best interest of law enforcement to declassify this information.
- The law requires the State Department to declassify this material, and yet it is failing to do so.
- Since 1976, the Foreign Ministry has declassified diplomatic documents when they become roughly 30 years old.
- Though they were declassified in 1998, this is the first time that the documents have been made public.
- Teller also proposes that the majority of classified UFO documents should be declassified.
- It could be a while before the government declassifies information about its ‘secret ‘underground bases there.
- But prior to publication, all documents from the Presidential Archive are declassified, as are documents held in the archives of the former KGB.
- The material was a vital source of intelligence on the Soviet bloc for many years during the Cold War and was only declassified by Nato 10 years ago.
- The former Soviet KGB archives that have been recently declassified prove their guilt.
- To some extent, the U.S. has already embarked on this effort by declassifying thousands of pages of official documents.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.