In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- To calculate the distance we need to know the declination of the sun on a given day.
- Also every month, the Moon will reach its minimum declination at 18 north or south.
- Consistently, equinoctial markers and alignments were made to an declination well over half a degree to the north.
- It's easy enough to gauge an asteroid's longitude and latitude (ascension and declination in astro-speak), but figuring out its current celestial position is tricky.
- He also determined the latitude and longitude of many stars, and measured the greatest declination of the planet Mercury.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.