- The incidence of decompression sickness among recreational scuba divers is estimated to be one case per 5,000 to 10,000 dives.
- The woman reported symptoms of decompression sickness, or the bends, and was immediately put on oxygen as their boat headed back to the harbour.
- A long-standing mystery in marine biology is whether whales suffer from decompression sickness, aka the bends, after rapidly rising from the ocean depths.
- Diving while your body is dehydrated leads to aching muscles, fatigue and even decompression sickness - it's that serious.
- The majority of recreational divers with neurologic decompression sickness have an excellent recovery after prompt recompression therapy.