In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Literature Philosophy(text/film/concept) deconstruir
- Moreover, don't these choices facilitate a feminist reading of the text, deconstructing sentimentality to expose masculine failings and feminine rebellion?
- Balfour deconstructs Coleridge's affirmation of the symbol and symbolic politics by pointing to the allegorical style of his political rhetoric.
- Deconstructing the novel becomes a metaphor for deconstructing Western metaphysics.
- Worse still, whereas literature was once valued for the beauty of its language or its moral impact, the purpose of reading is now to deconstruct texts in terms of power relationships.
- At first glance, Ann Allen Shockley's novel, Loving Her, appears to be a postmodern novel that deconstructs dominant ideologies of race, gender, and sexuality.
- Families, relationships and institutions are constructed and deconstructed.
- In other words, he used common sense to deconstruct rhetorical falsehoods, pulling apart the suffocating mesh of collectivist lies one carefully observed thread at a time.
- To prevent the oppression of women, it is necessary to deconstruct the institutions through men control women - institutions such as the free market
- We will deconstruct this document from PDF back into text, and we will be in a position to supply the entire text of this document.
- For example, who could pick up a scientific paper and pull apart its conclusions, deconstruct its methodology, even understand what the bloody hell it is on about?
- In reaction to this sort of perspective, cultural studies theorists tried to destroy or deconstruct the distinction between high art and popular culture.
- If so, then the problem has not yet been deconstructed to a level basic enough to allow exhaustive investigation.
- Why isn't Bill Gates trying to deconstruct the same system that made him wealthy?
- No Wave was about using the very building block of music (units of sound) to create and convey, or deconstruct and destroy what we knew about rock and roll.
- After laying down the melody, he proceeded to deconstruct it, pulling it into new shapes, twisting, fragmenting, yet never losing touch with his starting point.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.