In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Many contemporary writers are familiar with the procedures of post-structuralism and deconstruction.
- Derrida has two main ways of exposing these textual interplays, deconstruction and double reading.
- Many authors have criticized Derrida's attempts to find an ethical basis for deconstruction.
- Alas, these are the only two texts critical of deconstruction that I have ever found that also understand it.
- In philosophical terms, deconstruction is a form of relativist scepticism in the tradition of Nietzsche.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.