In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Not surprisingly, all three places have made minimal changes to their décors and menus.
- She pads through the eclectic décor of her living room to get to the entryway.
- Looking around the dining room at the decor, nothing much had changed.
- Mouldings ‘in distress’ continue to be in high demand, since they often complement a variety of decors and styles and create a softer line around artwork.
- All rooms and suites have their own sitting areas and the decor is uncluttered and elegant.
- These mantels can be ordered in a wide spectrum of colors to complement most decors.
- The flexible screen makes an excellent conversation piece and accent to my room decor.
- There are two velvet suites which feature purple velvet walls, decor and stunning stained glass windows.
- Its citizens have already started ornamenting their respective homes with beautifully handcrafted decors of various shapes, sizes and colors.
- While they talked, Telli and Setisia examined the room, its exotic decor and its occupants.
- The room has a nice modern decor, friendly and not at all intimidating.
- It records the streets, the clothes, the decors and the furnishings of all strata of pre-war Paris society in ravishing detail.
- Her eyes opened, and she saw herself in a room bare of any décor.
- The floor was a kind of stone, beautifully coloured to match the décor of the room.
- She said a conscious effort would be made with the decor of the rooms to make them ‘less institutional’.
- Paint the backdrop for the collage using a bold color that will complement the room's décor.
- The entire construction of the room, décor, furniture, lighting, ornaments, music, aromas, could all be contributors.
- The decor is a tasteful combination of rich purple and elegant cream.
- Double doors open onto the dining room which has identical decor and a matching slate fireplace.
- ‘Ikebana’ (meaning living flowers), Japanese art of flower arrangement, differs from the usual floral decors.
2Theatredecorado masculineescenografía feminine
- The decor is elegant, mixed with pieces of art symbolizing the fall of the Berlin Wall.
- Any sets or costumes tied to the dances in their original form are ignored - and replaced with the décor and the outfits du jour.
- However, an enjoyable aspect of the scene changes are the various fashions and décor.
- Once Crystal wrote the script for the school play; took the part of the main character and made the decors for it.
- Galina Solovieva's costumes are gorgeously colour-toned and Semeon Pastukh's painted decors manage to look grandly substantial while being conveniently portable.
- The period of history is in harmony with the music, and its romanticism has been reflected in the decors and costumes of the cast.
- Alain Vaës, whose décors typically have a strong, disquieting presence, has pierced the dancing ground with five huge, asymmetrically placed pillars unconnected to any architectural structure.
- George Roualt's decors and costume is refreshingly modern even today.
- The rudimentary décor, an hommage to the old Globe, does feature a large, tilted, overhanging mirror.
- By 1973, when she founded her company, her work was grounded in a presentational mode that depended on the stage environment of lighting and decors.
- I lack space to catalogue the wonders of William Dudley's décor and costumes.
- James Noone's décor almost accomplishes more with less, as does Natasha Katz's lighting.
- Donna Marxer's simple but imaginative decors seemed to carve the stage into modules of dream space.
- ‘What is difficult about them, is the necessity to convey the part without the make-up, decors or the support of the orchestra,’ she said.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.