In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(act, process)decoración feminine
- Other methods of decoration include impressions made with the fingers, sticks, and other tools.
- Too often, at this stage of the project, it's easy to become tired and to end up rushing through the interior design and decoration process.
- However, the construction and decoration process has been delayed, and a new opening date has not yet been disclosed.
- The 175 studio ceramic pieces illustrate the various methods of decoration and form that potters use to give shape and meaning to their works.
- Since it was introduced it has gradually overtaken other forms of decoration so that now it forms the main decorative process in most large glass factories.
- Martine Camillieri, who co-directs the gallery, is also very talented with crafts and decoration.
1.2(ornamentation)decoración femininefor decoration — de adorno
- the soap isn't there for decoration, you know! — el jabón no está allí de adorno ¿eh?
- The manuscript is also rich in ornamental decoration, to which those of the other exemplars are stylistically related.
- The timber framed doorcases have unusual strapwork decoration and pretty teardrop style fanlights above.
- The reverse of the vessel bears brushed cobalt blue floral decoration at the shoulder and a continuation of the flowers that appear on the front.
- The leonine head has a grimacing, tooth-filled mouth from which issue stems with pellet decoration ending in foliage scrolls.
- He made the Memorial timeless, in a way, by giving it immaculate perfection with no embellishment or decoration.
- The only decoration is a picture window that frames the bordering pastures.
- The frames of Swedish rococo looking glasses followed the fashions of the day, with the crown and base often ornamented with rich rocaille decoration.
- Each spoon in the set has different applied ornament and etched decoration on a hammered ground.
- In Spain there, they were very famous for not using stone or brick, they would do everything in wood with adornment and decoration.
- The only decoration was on the grip of wood, deeply and skilfully carved.
- Gilding may also be ornamented by various types of relief decoration.
- Punches and coggles were used to apply bands of decoration such as circles, stars, floral emblems, and other motifs.
- Every piece of furniture was made of old wood, free from decoration of any sort.
- All have applied ornament as well as etched or engraved decoration on a spot-hammered ground.
- Pope John Paul's coffin of blonde cypress wood had no decoration other than a slender cross and the letter M for Mary on the top.
- I did not bother to look at the beautiful details and decoration, I was so angry and on the verge of tears.
- Standard Royal Worcester with floral decoration and Victorian dinner services are struggling to find buyers.
- All contain decoration, embellishments, fringing, or cut-out design-work of the paper.
- Economically priced, they make up in lack of detail and decoration with their quirkiness.
- However, these vast Roman vistas are processed through the Rococo penchant for grandiose ornamentation and are window dressing, pure decoration.
- Dad travelled lots with his work, promising to bring back a tree decoration from every country he had visited.
- The students will also dress in fancy dress as well as dressing up the animals using Christmas decorations such as tinsel and lights.
- Every bedroom has its own Christmas tree and festoons of decorations.
- We would like to thank the children for making the decorations for the tree themselves.
- This year she will be making floral arrangements, which will serve as place settings and decorations.
- Although tinsel is very pretty and is a common decoration on trees, your pet may swallow it.
- Fill large goldfish-type bowls with shiny glass globes and ornaments to create simple decorations.
- We'll go and get a couple of new ones later in the week, along with some hangers so we can put the rest of the decorations on the tree.
- At the window of her neat Balby home twinkles a Christmas tree while other festive decorations adorn the living room.
- Already I have spotted the first Hallowe'en decorations in store windows.
- Today, the roundabouts are festooned with decorations and blue and yellow lights.
- Surely it would not take much to put a few lights along the shops or decorations in the windows to create an ambience?
- At the moment, shops have decorations in every window, and the neighbours are planning a cookout.
- I sat up all night, then I took down all the Christmas cards and the decorations of the Christmas tree.
- One of their noticeable features is the profusion of hollowed-out window decorations.
- At the back is a magnificent selection of Christmas trees and decorations.
- I've collected my tree decorations over many years and each holds a treasured memory.
- The community centre looked its best for the party with its Christmas tree and Christmas decorations.
- Special shops have come up to sell tree lights, decorations and optic wreaths in the city.
- The church is now getting decorations in place, with the tree decorated in blue and silver this year.
- My captain vowed to win the Victoria Cross, our highest decoration for bravery, and drove the ship's company to help him.
- These are decorations awarded by the monarch only to female members of the Royal Family.
- The medal is the highest decoration the British military gives.
- This appeared to have ended in victory last month when the government announced a special decoration would finally be awarded.
- That pin is a Dutch decoration called an Orange-Nassau - Officer of Orange-Nassau awarded to me by Queen Juliana.
- He was awarded the decoration for Exceptional Civilian Service.
- The veterans were awarded an Active Service Medal, a decoration pinned to the chest of servicemen involved in conflict.
- The significant decorations are the Star, a garter to be worn below the left knee, and a diagonal blue ribbon.
- Wounded fourteen times, he was awarded the highest imperial decorations.
- Numerous decorations were awarded to members of the Eagle squadrons.
- Hideo succeeded and was awarded the decoration and an annuity for carrying out his duty so well.
- He was awarded the Reserve decoration in 1983, and achieved a bar to this award in 1993.
- John Bradley won the decoration for heroism on Iwo Jima, just two days before the flag raising.
- He is the recipient of numerous U.S. military awards and decorations, including the Purple Heart.
- President Chen Shui-bian was awarded a decoration by President Miguel Rodriguez in the Costa Rican National Theater yesterday.
- Brown, the youngest person to be awarded the decoration, died in 1945 saving his brothers and sisters from a house fire.
- Former Scouts, invited to join in, were asked to wear any Great War medals and decorations they might have.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.