In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(teacher/nurse/musician) de gran dedicación(nurse/musician/teacher) dedicado a su trabajo(teacher/musician/nurse) entregado a su trabajoshe's a dedicated mother — es una madre entregada a sus hijos
- to be dedicated to sth — estar dedicado / entregado a algo
- he was absolutely dedicated to his work — estaba completamente dedicado / entregado a su trabajo
- Just like any collective task, planning requires dedicated and high-quality training.
- Many important decisions were approved and the Chairman thanked the committee for their dedicated voluntary service for the good of the parish.
- ‘He has given a lifetime of dedicated service and he is respected by his peers and the young people involved in the theatre in the city,’ added Senator Cummins.
- A great Christian, she was dedicated to her God and her church and gave many hours of dedicated service to the Cathedral in Ballina.
- He was a devoted husband, dedicated drinking partner and a superb friend who supported me through tragedy when other ‘friends’ faded away.
- He praised the staff for their dedicated and professional service, and presented the White Flag for Leisure Facilities to Aidan Higgins, Manager of the Waterpoint Centre.
- Mary Teresa Brennan is our manager here and our staff are going from strength to strength giving a dedicated and committed service.
- It's not an easy task but the truly dedicated Coaches accept it as responsibility.
- Billy retired from the chair at the hall committees recent AGM and the new committee felt that his years of dedicated service should be recognised.
- Training for the Olympics is a discipline that only the dedicated and staunchly committed can do.
- He was very much a family man - a devoted husband and a dedicated dad and granddad.
- He was an employee of Aer Lingus where he had put in over 25 years of committed and dedicated service.
- My husband was a dedicated journalist, and devoted father.
- He leaves a trail of devoted and dedicated dancers, teachers, choreographers, and directors.
- Tributes were paid to Willie Healy who stepped down as treasurer after many years of devoted and dedicated service.
- Chairperson John Threadgold paid tributes to the former teachers thanking them for the dedicated service they gave to the pupils and the loyal commitment shown to the school.
- Now, almost five decades on, Down District's longest serving Councillor has lived up to his early promise, and is marking 30 years of dedicated service to his community.
- A dedicated teacher and devoted mother has died in a head-on smash just days before her 51st birthday.
2Computing(terminal/hardware/word processor) dedicado
- This allows problems on a network to be diagnosed and reported in a variety of ways, be it by e-mail, web page or dedicated terminal.
- Hey cyclists, if you want to see dedicated bike lanes cross the entirety of downtown, give Pete Ladner an email to let him know you support his idea.
- The second change is that the technical stuff will be communicated in specially dedicated articles.
- If you have a dedicated Internet connection or if you want to protect your small business from hackers, I think this book will help you.
- Photographers who purchase the cards also will have access to a dedicated toll-free number for technical support questions.
- What this product targets is people who use both a CD burner and dedicated DVD drive.
- There is also be a dedicated website giving advice on how to reduce salt consumption.
- So forget trying to sell them, say, customized database software requiring a dedicated server and a professional to manage it.
- I wonder why Jenny Holzer doesn't have a dedicated website?
- Mr Brennan said this effect could be multiplied with the swift introduction of more dedicated lanes.
- Hercules, the graphics board specialist, has opened a dedicated Web site for system builders.
- Internet access charges for dedicated circuits quickly began to fall.
- With a desktop pc, you can buy a dedicated graphics card just to serve a graphics intensive application.
- Second Harvest created a dedicated Web page for the newsletter readers with links to further information on the topics that were covered in the newsletter.
- With this approach, the need for separate dedicated hardware/software products no longer exists.
- The relay units will send information on the number of open spots to a centralized computer in San Jose via dedicated fast lines.
- The review also explains the different ways of sharing the Internet and why a dedicated piece of hardware will perform better and more reliably than software solutions.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.