In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1trombosis venosa profunda feminineTVP feminine
- Going for frequent walks up and down the plane may help prevent deep-vein thrombosis, but won't endear you to the man in the aisle seat if you are by the window.
- The system shortly became the world standard for nonpharmacological prevention of deep-vein thrombosis.
- Data from both venogram and fibrinogen scans demonstrate that deep-vein thrombosis usually originates in the deep-veins of the leg.
- The long hours in cramped conditions are believed to cause deep-vein thrombosis, or formation of blood clots, and it can be fatal if the clots circulate into the heart or the lungs.
- The journey itself, we are told, provides numerous hazards - aeroplanes carry the risk of deep-vein thrombosis, terrorists or other passengers with air rage.
- The risk of deep-vein thrombosis can be reduced by avoiding becoming very overweight, staying active in general, and avoiding prolonged periods of immobility with the legs down.
- In a study of 118 patients with deep-vein thrombosis he found that 15.9% of the patients had the mutation compared to 2.3% in the controls.
- One in every 100 people who develops deep-vein thrombosis dies.
- It wants the EU to spend money researching how to beat deep-vein thrombosis.
- You know I was so paranoid about deep-vein thrombosis, I took my aspirin and wriggled my legs but still I thought, that'd be right, I'll get off the plan and cark it.
- Color-flow-Doppler-ultrasound is a highly sensitive and specific test for diagnosing deep-vein thrombosis.
- For example, deep-vein thrombosis is a blood clot that develops in a vein, usually in your leg.
- I would think the risk of deep-vein thrombosis for the same distance is much lower by plane.
- Patients have an increased risk of blood clots, which can result in stroke, myocardial infarction, deep-vein thrombosis, and post-operative complications following cardiovascular surgery.
- There, she sustained injuries in a bad fall, adding to an existing condition of angina, a deep-vein thrombosis, and suffering other conditions and infections.
- Thrombosis of superficial veins in the legs has no connection with deep-vein thrombosis and is not dangerous.
- The good thing about blood-thinning injections is that they remove blood clots in your leg that could turn into deep-vein thrombosis the next time you fly back home to see your loved ones.
- Recent concerns about the danger of deep-vein thrombosis - potentially fatal blood clots that can form in the legs after prolonged sitting - underscore the importance of keeping limbs limber and blood flowing.
- The 10 passengers in the possible class action say they were not informed properly about the possibility of developing deep-vein thrombosis while on long flights.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.