In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1deerhound masculinelebrel inglés masculine
- A new opponent attacks him, a deerhound named Dick, and White Fang is thrown from his feet.
- In addition to salukis, eligible breeds are whippets, greyhounds, Afghan hounds, borzois, Ibizan hounds, pharaoh hounds, Irish wolfhounds, and Scottish deerhounds.
- And how does the pint-sized pet handler cope with a dog the size of Rush the deerhound?
- We would like to say all those who searched for our missing deerhound on September 13, he was eventually found and taken to Bexleyheath police station.
- A deerhound that lives with the Scott family, Dick attacks White Fang on his first visit.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.