In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1difamación feminineto sue sb for defamation (of character) — demandar a algn por difamación
- The tort of defamation protects a person from untrue imputations which harm his reputation with others.
- No defamation occurs until the defamatory matter is communicated to a third party.
- In defamation the falsity of the libel or slander is presumed; but justification is a complete defence.
- Defendants have counterclaimed for defamation and abuse of process.
- If the contents of the publication are untrue the law of defamation provides prohibition.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.