In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The proceedings are being used to make defamatory remarks about people.
- The defendant cannot engage in recrimination or trade defamatory comments with the claimant.
- We will remove any content that may put us in legal jeopardy, such as potentially libellous or defamatory postings.
- The unlawful publication of defamatory matter is an actionable wrong.
- There was an issue as to whether the article was defamatory of the plaintiff at all.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.