- The group trained in CPR and defibrillation administered emergency treatment on 128 heart attack victims, and there were 30 survivors.
- This led to an investigation into ways of automating defibrillation so that defibrillators might be used by more people and, therefore, be more widely deployed in the community.
- The question of whether incorrect paddle position is a cause of unsuccessful defibrillation of patients in ventricular fibrillation remains unanswered.
- Frank postulated that if the problem lay outside hospital, ventricular defibrillation should be corrected where it occurred.
- Traditionally, emergency medical personnel were the only ones who could administer defibrillation.